A good practice guide to integrated mine closure
An approach that will result in:
- Consistent and transparent engagement with stakeholders
- Community participation in planning and implementing actions that underpin successful closure
- Stakeholder support of closure decisions
- Better management of closure throughout the mining life cycle
- More accurate closure cost estimates
- Early identification of risks and mitigation strategies
- Progressive reduction of liabilities
- A shared vision for the post-closure period
- A better social transition for affected stakeholders as the mine moves from operations to closure
- Opportunities for lasting benefits being recognised and planned for adequately
Best practice mine closureWatch this video from ICMM to find out the best practice mine closure planning.
Request a FREE demo of DecipherGreen Mine Rehabilitation & Tailings management at: https://www.decipher.com.au/deciphergreen/
Learn more about mine rehabilitation at: https://www.decipher.com.au/deciphergreen/
Learn more about tailing storage facilities at: https://www.decipher.com.au/tailings-facility-monitoring/
#Deciphergreen #minerehabilitation #minerehab #tailings #tsf
Check out our other videos on DecipherGreen's mine rehabilitations and tailing storage facilities solutions:
► Mine closure and rehabilitation with DecipherGreen (Wesfarmers) - https://youtu.be/e3mA0jDVJv0
► What is a Mining Rehabilitation Fund? - https://youtu.be/4cAR0TfxL2Q
► Did you know we provide solutions for agriculture and mine rehabilitation? - https://youtu.be/KIA3RWRPA-I
► Mine rehabilitation: an ecological rehabilitation case study at Mount Owen Mine, Hunter Valley, NSW - https://youtu.be/U8-jo4nN0f4
► Best practice mine closure - https://youtu.be/yN8k_lsCW08
► Successful mine closure & rehabilitation at Timbarra Gold Mine - https://youtu.be/2dRF3IgoMrg
► Niks Lesufi on what happens after a mine closes - https://youtu.be/GQMkA7WtMt4
► Integrated mine closure: Let's talk challenges - https://youtu.be/a4X804SY50Q
► Integrated mine closure: Let's talk opportunities - https://youtu.be/-ccKAn6ka7o
► Integrated mine closure: Let's talk collaboration - https://youtu.be/UL2ijJ5gMZE
► Mine closure and rehabilitation with DecipherGreen by Wesfarmers (short) - https://youtu.be/0bVTb3hdJd4
Integrated mine closure is a dynamic and iterative process that considers environmental, social and economic concerns. Figure 2 (p11) illustrates the key elements of mine closure that aid practitioners in developing closure plans and carrying out activities in support of closure.
This guide has been divided into elements that define the iterative closure planning process. Within some of the elements there are easy to use tools to help companies implement the elements into their closure planning process.
Originally published by ICMM.
Find out how mine rehabilitation legislation in Australia is changing in our FREE guide.
- Find out how 50 leading companies are driving transformational change in mine closure
- How to become a leader in mine rehabilitation
- Speak to our team for a free demo of our mine rehabilitation tool DecipherGreen
- See how our solutions help manage environmental, standard and approval requirements for mine rehabilitation here
Don’t miss another update!