What are the mining rehabilitation reforms in VIC?
- Marking out the rehabilitation, closure and post-closure requirements for certain mines
- Establishing clear responsibility for the post-closure management of rehabilitated mine land
- Establishing a Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority to oversee mine rehabilitation and post-closure management, including administration of post-closure funds from 1 July 2020
The Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority will monitor, maintain and manage ‘declared’ mine land. It also clarifies rehabilitation, closure and post-closure obligations.
The Post-Closure Fund will meet the ongoing costs of managing declared mine land and allow mines to safely and responsibly relinquish land.
Find out how mine rehabilitation legislation in Australia is changing in our FREE guide.
What are the mining rehabilitation reforms in NSW?
Several reforms were proposed in February 2018, including: A policy framework to assess final mining voids, where voids will not be considered in new major projects unless it minimises environmental, community and visual impacts and cannot be feasibly removed Requirements for new major projects to consult with the community and provide information on mine design options early in the planning process
What are the mining rehabilitation reforms in QLD?
On the 14 November 2018, the Queensland Parliament saw the passing of the Mineral and Energy Resources (Financial Provisioning) (MERFP) Act 2018. This reform package is aimed at improving rehabilitation (rehab) and financial assurance outcomes for the sector that aims to deliver: Improved environmental performance Rehabilitation investment in the Queensland resources industry Better protection of the State’s financial interests
- Find out how 50 leading companies are driving transformational change in mine closure
- How to become a leader in mine rehabilitation
- Speak to our team for a free demo of our mine rehabilitation tool DecipherGreen
- See how our solutions help manage environmental, standard and approval requirements for mine rehabilitation here
Don’t miss another update!