Decipher helps Rio Tinto solve tech challenge
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a pioneer in metals and mining and has projects and operations spanning across 36 countries. It is recognised as an innovator that embraces technology and was named one of 2019’s most innovative companies by Boston Consulting Group.
- To find a secure and centralised cloud based solution to manage important datasets across all sites globally, and ensure that site and corporate users have appropriate security access.
Decipher was presented with the challenge of providing a secure and centralised platform to help Rio Tinto manage important datasets across all of their global sites, and ensure that both site and corporate users had the appropriate security access.
What did success look like? – 100% achieved
✔️ Globally accessible to the right people
✔️ Intuitive, easy to use interface
✔️ Global site data imported and usable
✔️ Thorough user testing with site buy-in
“The Decipher product had a number of features that we were looking for already available through their existing modules. On top of this, the Decipher team showed a willingness to work through all of our requirements and develop the additional features we needed. A fully functional MVP based on a subset of Decipher modules was provided within the project timeframe.”
Jon Lapwood – Principal Advisor, Geotechnical Engineering Growth and Innovation (Rio Tinto)
Benefits of Decipher’s Solution
✔️ Centralised data management system
✔️ Flexibility to set up users with different access levels
✔️ Track changes and run reports
✔️ Single Sign-On access and easy-to-use interface
✔️ Accessing and visualising geospatial data
Do you have a challenge that needs solving?
Get in touch & request a demo
Effectively monitor your tailings storage facility with Decipher
Decipher is designed to provide you with key data and insights, enabling you to effectively monitor your TSF and your environmental obligations and compliance. Our solution can be securely accessed by industry, regulators, designers and operators involved in the management of TSFs. Decipher offers a comprehensive and functionally rich solution which combines regulatory (Compliance Management Software), mining waste management, stakeholder engagement, environmental monitoring, and environmental management system (EMS) tools to assist with tailings management:
- View real-time data and receive exceedance alerts
- Monitor land movement with remote sensing and InSAR datasets
- Visualise real-time LiDAR data with insights into dam movement
- Securely store and access all of your tailings data in the one place
- Upload and reference key documentation
- Visualise facilities across multiple sites in a single screen on a geospatial map
- Monitor your facilities with InSAR, LiDAR, DEM and more
- Capture a wide range of monitoring data and indicators such as surface and groundwater, decant pond water levels and quality, and embankment conditions
- Capture and track obligations and conditions around your licence to operate to manage your key risks and actions
- Action and task delegation for data collection with reminders
- Maintain and track environmental monitoring compliance limits and exceedances
- Manage and engage with all of your stakeholders with one central repository
- Convert your engagements into actionable outcomes
- Forecast, plan and track your sites activities using IBM’s Weather data
- Create corporate report templates and meet requests for data provision from industry groups such as ICMM, Global Tailings Portal, PRI and UNEP
- Integration capability with third party systems or public portals such as the Global Tailings Portal
Want to find out more about tailings storage monitoring?
Don’t miss another update!