Last updated: 16 October 2017
This Privacy Collection Statement applies to the collection of personal information by CSBP Limited trading as Decipher AgTech (referred to here as “Decipher”, “we”, “our”, “us”) in its agricultural technology business from Decipher’s customers who contact a Decipher Customer Service Centre, or who provide information to Decipher through the www.decipher.com.au website, our interactive web-based services and the Decipher Go Mobile Application (and associated apps).
We collect your personal information so we can perform our business functions and activities, including:
- providing you with products and services and communicating with you and administering your account;
- answering your enquiries, providing information or advice about our products or services, and entering you into our competitions and promotions;
- sending you marketing and direct marketing communications about our products and services (whether by phone, email, SMS, or post), offers and opportunities (including competitions) that we believe that you may be of benefit to you or that you may be interested in (even if you are no longer purchasing goods or services from us) unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications;
- updating our records and the content of our websites; and
- for our business processing, administrative, market research, marketing and planning requirements.
If you do not disclose the personal information that we are seeking to collect then we may be unable to respond to you, or provide you with our products or services, or send you information about them.
Depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties – for instance, circumstances relating to the supply of services we may collect information about you from people that you have engaged to assist you, such as soil/plant samplers or agronomic advisers. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies or regulators that contact us.
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate; contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our business or website, responding to your requests, or providing or delivering our products and services or information about them to you; to suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; in the case of our services customers, to your nominated advisor (if any) or other advisor assisting you, to the providers of information technology systems and databases that assist in the provision of the services; and to Regulatory or government agencies.
Occasionally, we may disclose your personal information to organisations located overseas. This might occur, for example, where we use service providers based overseas. Generally, such recipients are likely to be located in USA.
- access personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information;
- complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
CSBP Privacy Officer
PO Box 345
Kwinana WA 6966
Telephone: (08) 9411 8777
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au
Phone:1300 363 992
CSBP Limited ABN 81 008 668 371